Are you searching for a great place to eat, drink, and be merry? Look no further than the Asbury Park Festhalle & Biergarten. This upbeat restaurant and bar offers a true German experience year-round. Enjoy traditional German eats at a communal table in the Festhalle, or head to the rooftop Biergarten for live music and libations. Whatever you choose, we promise your trip will be one for the books! Here are some things you should know about the Asbury Park Biergarten.
The Asbury Park Biergarten is just one of many watering holes in the area! Learn more about our favorite local establishments when you download our free Vacation Guide. It’s full of recommendations for great places to visit during your stay at The Inns of Ocean Grove.
Spend an Afternoon at the Asbury Park Biergarten
Food & Drinks
If you’ve never been to the Asbury Festhalle & Biergarten, you may be wondering what to order. We recommend starting off with a cold beverage. Guests can choose from over 60 delicious beers ranging from hard-to-find imports to local craft brews. You can also opt for a glass of wine or handcrafted cocktail. Prost! (That’s German for cheers!)
When it’s time to eat, pair your drink with classic Biergarten fare like bratwurst, pretzels, schnitzel, and more. Or, have a formal dining experience downstairs where you can order the Scottish salmon or Hungarian beef goulash. Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options are also available; check out the restaurant’s menu for details.
Upcoming Events 2017
Did you know that the Asbury Park Biergarten hosts a number of events throughout the year? From happy hour to Oktoberfest, there’s always something going on. Upcoming events include:
- Patch N’ Roberts (9/8) | Visitors can enjoy an upright bass and folky blues from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Sunnydaze (9/10) | Funk, jazz, and little hip hop get your head noddin’ at this rooftop party.
- Chris & Charlie Brown (9/15) | Father and son duo Chris and Charlie Brown sing campfire songs and original tracks during happy hour.
- Steve Reilley & The Rain Band (9/17) | The Dublin born troubadour is back at the Festhalle with his full band in tow.
- Steve & Johnny (9/22) | Old friends Steve & Johnny of “Burlap to Cashmere” play covers and originals laced with gypsy soul.
- Oktoberfest (9/29 – 10/22) | Live music, polka dancing, and traditional German games and competitions make this annual event a must-see. Read our blog about Oktoberfest in Asbury Park to learn more.
Book Your Stay at The Inns of Ocean Grove
After an awesome experience at the Biergarten, head back to The Ocean Plaza Hotel or The Ocean View Inn and doze off in one of our comfortable guest rooms! Our properties are just minutes from Asbury Park and have everything you need to unwind. Enjoy refreshing ocean views, warm hospitality, and top-notch amenities throughout your stay. You can even refuel with a delicious homemade breakfast each morning! Simply check our availability online and contact us to make your reservations. We look forward to having you!
Find out how you can save on your trip to the Jersey Shore with our current vacation specials.