Calling all lobster lovers! The Bradley Beach Lobster Festival is the perfect place to get your seafood fix. It’s one of the largest festival gatherings in New Jersey, with over 200 vendors taking up the entire stretch of the Bradley Beach boardwalk. The two-day event draws thousands of people each year – from as far north as Montvale to as far south as Atlantic City. If you’ve got a craving for fresh fish, start planning your trip! Here’s what you’ll see at LobsterFest.
Don’t forget to use our free Vacation Guide to make the most of your vacation! It’s full of recommendations for things to see, do, and eat during your stay in Ocean Grove.
The Bradley Beach LobsterFest Experience
Thought you had to travel all the way to New England for great lobster? Think again! The vendors at LobsterFest serve up this succulent sea creature in a variety of ways. Grab a hot lobster roll, lobster mac ’n cheese, or a lobster-stuffed empanada. If you’re not a fan of lobster, don’t worry – there are plenty of other dishes to try. Previous events have featured everything from fried alligator to soft-shell crab sandwiches.
Activities & Events
The Bradley Beach Lobster Festival is fun for the whole family! Adults can enjoy the huge beer and wine garden, live music, and more than a hundred craft and specialty vendors. There are also children’s activities like giant water slides, rides, face painters, and sand art.
Tips for Your Trip
- The weather during Labor Day weekend is usually beautiful, with lots of sunshine and a light breeze. You may want to bring a sweater or light jacket for sunset.
- Parking at the festival is extremely limited. We suggest leaving your car at our hotel and taking a short, leisurely walk to the boardwalk.
- Seating at the festival is also limited. Most guests choose to eat while standing, or you can bring a blanket/beach towel and set up a picnic in the sand. (Keep in mind that getting on the beach requires purchasing a beach pass!)
Other Places to Indulge
If you can’t make it to the festival this year, you can still enjoy fresh, local fare. There are plenty of seafood Jersey Shore seafood restaurants to choose from! Some of our favorites include:
- Asbury Oyster Bar | Asbury Park
- The Bonney Read | Asbury Park
- SeaGrass Restaurant | Ocean Grove
- Mr. Shrimp | Belmar
Stay in Nearby Ocean Grove
After a wonderful day at LobsterFest, head back to The Ocean Plaza Hotel or The Ocean View Inn and unwind! Our properties are just minutes from Bradley Beach and have everything you need for a memorable stay. Feel free to relax on your private balcony, or enjoy the ocean views from our spacious, wrap-around porch. We even offer breakfast each morning!
Rooms are filling up fast, so don’t wait; Check our availability and book your weekend getaway today. We can’t wait to hear about your experience at the Bradley Beach Lobster Festival!