When you think of the Jersey Shore, you probably picture T-shirt shops and arcades — not luxury retailers and private beach clubs. But, that’s exactly what you’ll find in Long Branch, NJ. This ritzy, seaside town is perfect for a day trip. You can stroll the beautiful Long Branch beach boardwalk, indulge at a fine dining restaurant, or treat yourself to some retail therapy! Keep reading to find out what makes this beach so unique. Then, use our free Vacation Guide to plan your trip to the shore.
The Best Things to Do in Long Branch, NJ
Long Branch was once a quiet community surrounded by farms. Today, it’s a bustling resort town with wide, sandy beaches and an oceanfront promenade. Explore the restaurants and shops at Pier Village, then hit the beach for some fun in the sun. In the evening, you can take the kids to Boardwalk Fun ’n Games, a high-end arcade. Other popular activities include:
From gourmet French cuisine to hearty Italian eats, Long Branch beach boardwalk restaurants offer something for everyone. These tried-and-true places will satisfy your cravings!
- Rooney’s Oceanfront Restaurant | Seasonal seafood dishes and gorgeous ocean views
- McLoone’s Pier House | Upscale cuisine, live music, cocktails
- Avenue Le Club | Fancy French restaurant with an extensive wine list
- Johnny Piancone’s | Classic Italian eats in a casual, cozy space
- 100 Ocean | Newly established eatery with a raw bar, flatbreads, and housemade pasta
Shop ’til you drop at the stores and boutiques of Long Branch’s Pier Village. You can browse a wide variety of jewelry, souvenirs, clothing, and more!
- Charleston Shoe Co. | Shoes & accessories for women
- Winz Market | Gourmet grocer and coffee bar
- Wish | Chic women’s boutique
- Sundaze | Trendy apparel for men, women, and children, plus beach essentials
Long Branch hosts a wide variety of events throughout the year. Check out a few of our annual favorites and plan to attend this summer.
- Summer Concerts | Free weekly concerts from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday
- Oceanfest | Biggest Independence Day celebration in New Jersey
- West End Cruise Night | Classic car show held every August
- Jersey Shore Jazz & Blues Festival | Live music and fireworks in August
Stay in Nearby Ocean Grove
Now that you know how to spend a day in Long Branch, it’s time to start planning your trip! Keep in mind that Long Branch beach hotels can be overpriced. Why not take a 20-minute drive back to Ocean Grove instead?
The Ocean Plaza Hotel and Ocean View Inn are beautiful, historic properties that have all the amenities you want at a price you can afford. We provide free WiFi, clean beach towels, and discounted beach passes to guests. Breakfast is also included with your stay! If you need a map or directions to Long Branch, our friendly staff is happy to help.
The Jersey Shore is calling your name! Check our availability and make your reservations now. We look forward to having you!